HIV tests

My husband is HIV positive and I had three HIV test and all came out negative. After that I rarely had sex with him. He then passed away end of last year. My friend says to me you can be negative but be an HIV carrier is there a such thing. I had last test 6 months after my husband's daignosis but still negative. Please help me. I am now worried about being a carrier who is negative?

Your friend is misinformed. There is no such thing as an "HIV carrier." You either have it or you don't. It's like being pregnantyou either are or you ain't! There is no in between. If you've tested repeatedly negative out to six months from the time of your last potential exposure, you can assume that HIV is not your problem. Please educate your friend. Perhaps you could turn her on to this Web site. She obviously has some basic misconceptions about HIV/AIDS.

Female Stripper- HIV risk from poles & lap dances?
2nd Time (thrush main symptom)