Dr.Frascino, I need your advice

Good morning Dr.Frascino, I've been recently looking through your archives and am still puzzled. I find myself questioning the integrity of Oral tests. I've read some posts by other readers that have, for the most part, put my mind to rest but am still unsure. I am a student at UC Davis and they only offer either the two-week wait blood test or the Oral Oraquick Advance 20 minute test. Why I waited so long to get tested...beats me. Regardless of my past history since my last sexual encounter was back in high school (5 years ago, and yes, there were MANY partners and I don't feel proud about I) I'm well out of the 'window period'. Now, I've been developing a huge amount of symptoms related to HIV (according to numerous websites) such as Seborrheic Dermatitis localized lightly above my chin and under my bottom lip. It seems to get worse when I get out of the shower. Anyhow, I have had three (3) Oral Oraquick Adv. tests and they have all been Negative. This is all post 5 years from my last encounter. What do you suggest I do doctor? Should I submit the blood test for the two-week wait? I've read numerous things about the inconsistencies of doing the WB test with a negative EIA. What is your opinion Dr. I live in Daly City and in a week or so, I'm heading home, so a donation will def. be made. Have a great day!

P.S. I'm 6' 215 lbs, I can't lose weight - I've tried it all! Would that be HIV related to have a messed up metabolism?

Mikey

Hello Mikey,

Three negative oral OraQuick Advance tests five years after your last potential exposure are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. Additional testing of any type is not warranted.

Having difficulty losing weight is not a symptom of HIV! (I suggest you join Weight Watchers and a gym!)

Regarding seborrheic dermatitis, the vast majority of cases have absolutely nothing to do with HIV/AIDS. Just like in your case, because you do not have HIV!

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated Mikey. Now stop worrying and start WOO-HOOing (and exercising)!

Should I start PEP treatment?
HIV and AIDS (AIDS DENIALISTS)