It's me again... good question

Hello Dr.Bob, It's me, the high school kid (don't stop reading here! lol) who made the biggest mistake of his life by hooking up with creepo. I know I'm probably "wearing out my welcome" on this forum but you have really been my only source or reliable information.

The archives say that when you become infected with HIV, most individuals experience ARS and then they develope antibodies. My question is: do the symptoms of ARS go away because of the antibodies? or do they just go away and you can go weeks without antibodies?

The reason im asking is because when i recieved my 54 day post exposure rapid test (negative) i was feeling better. Does this mean i would have had detectable antibodies since my symptoms had dispersed? I just don't get when the antibodies pop up?!

Thank you Dr.Bob! I have 25 days to go until my 91 day mark (march 2). The lady at planned parenthood said that i should come back at 6 months even if that was negative. I don't want to go another 3 months worrying about this. could i be sure that im negative if a rapid test shows a negative result at three months? Well, hopefully i'll be giving you good news in 25 days!

-Billy

p.s. My favorite quote is by Muhatma Gandhi:

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"

- I think you truly represent that change.. you are one of many fighting to bring understanding and fairness to those who are looked down upon, just becuase they are "virally enhanced". Thank you for everything that you do.. and if Gandhi was also right about Karma, well, what goes around comes around, so all the amazing work you do everyday for me and every other life you touch will some way, some how, pay off.

Thank you.

Hello Billy,

Symptoms of ARS occur with high concentrations of HIV. Clinical recovery is accompanied by a reduction in plasma viremia, which reflects the development of a cytotoxic T-lymphocyte (CTL) response. Seroconversion (development of detectable levels of anti-HIV antibodies) occurs generally after ARS symptoms have subsided. Once anti-HIV antibodies have developed, they remain.

Your negative 54-day test is encouraging, but not yet definitive.

All the questions you have asked I have previously answered. You may have to dig a bit, but the answers are posted in the archives. In fairness to others who are anxiously waiting to have their questions answered Billy, I wont' be responding to any more of yours until your three-month test results are back. Unless, of course, you come up with something I haven't already addressed. So if you submit another question and I don't reply, it's because the answer is already in the archives, OK?

DR BOB...2nd time asking!!!!
testing (SENSITIVITY VERSUS SPECIFICITY)