Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

DR BOB...2nd time asking!!!!
Feb 9, 2008

Help! Advice needed for an Idiot!

Hey doc, I got a kind of embarrassing situation on my hands here, and I haven't been able to sleep properly for the past 2 months. Okay so here goes; I was in Botswana for holiday, in December. A couple of friends and I got a bit drunk and decided to go out on the town. So basically I got dared into doing something with a prostitute, which in hindsight was not the wisest of ideas to follow through on. So seeing as I was in Botswana (high AIDS situation), I thought the safest thing I could do was to engage in outer course. This is the embarrassing part; she basically gave me a footjob- where a woman uses her feet to make a guy orgasm. The part I am scared of is that there was no protection involved, i.e.: I did not use a condom when she gave me the footjob. Although the only contact I had with her was her feet touching me at my special place (manhood), and she may have sucked on my toes and I sucked on her toes as well, I am still worried as hell bout the risks involved, as this happened in a random abandoned alley, where she could have got cut on her foot. Later after examining my self there appeared to be no cuts or abrasions on me, and as far as I could tell none of her fluids came into contact with me. I tried looking at the other forums, but the closest posts I could find to my situation were about handjobs. About three weeks later I came down with the flu, which the doctor said was going around at the time, since then no other illnesses have been contracted by me.

I know this whole debacle sounds crazy, and you most prob laughing or disgusted but I am in desperate need of your help and most wise opinion. I am only 20, and have never had full intercourse yet, so hopefully you can see why I am scared about this.

I went for an HIV test two weeks after the incident, and the test was negative. I also went for health insurance blood test between three and four weeks after the incident. Its been 4 weeks since that insurance test, and they have not said anything bout the results so far so I dont know if thats a good thing. So I was wondering if I was at high risk of HIV, and should I go for another test?

Ps : The work you are doing is awesome.

Thanks, ScaredDude

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Scared Dude,

Playing footsie, even when it involves your "special place" is not considered a risk for HIV transmission.

Relax Max. You're fine. If you're worried, get a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark. The results will undoubtedly be negative.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Pos to neg transmission (SWISS REPORT AGAIN)
Next
It's me again... good question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.