Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

BEST INSIGHT EVER
Feb 9, 2008

What Up

Dr. Bob, I know you despise republicans for many, many, many reasons. But don't you think that what they say makes sense in terms of AIDS. Abstenence untill you're married sounds like one perfect idea on how to minimize the spread of HIV. Don't do drugs thus not sharing contaminated perefinelia. BE HONEST, if you follow most of these conservative republican principals the HIV pendemic would be exponentially reduced. If you deny this you are in denial.

P.S. You've been in a relationship with your partner for 14 years, which is great. THE ONLY thing I hate about republicans is there hate of being a geniuine homosexual. PEACE

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

A "'geniuine' homosexual"??? What's that?

Well let's follow your logic. Based on these conservative Republican principles I decide to be abstinent until marriage. Since these same conservative Republican principles do not allow same-sex marriage, that would mean I would have sex exactly when? Never. Does this sound like a workable solution to you?

I've never said that abstinence isn't an excellent way to prevent the sexual spread of HIV. What I've said is that abstinence isn't a realistic choice for many people with healthy sexual appetites. Me, for instance! Also, even those sanctified hetero-marriages aren't always as monogamous as they pretend to be. Just take a read through the archives of my forum. You'll find gazillions of married folks who have had an indiscretion with a Bouncing Betty at the local Badda Bing or a massage with a happy ending or whatever.

"BEST INSIGHT EVER"????? So you tell me pal, exactly who is in denial here?

Finally, what is it about sexually frustrated folks being unable to spell? . . . "despise . . .abstenence . . . untill . . . perefinelia . . . principals . . . pendemic . . . geniuine . . . ."

Dr. Bob

Previous
Time to read feedback to your advise?
Next
Last time asking... won't bother you no more.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.