Why do they say that?

About a year ago I had all the symptoms of acute hiv infection. a month after I had oral sex with a female of unknown hiv status, I had hiv rna viral load at two months, elisas at 3, 6, and 13 months. I have a red spot inside the roof of my mouth, sore throat that dont go away, floters, easy brusing. dr can't find what it is. what is freaking me out is that they are telling me that I should continue testing 4 Hiv, every three months, for five years. my wife is about to have a baby. she is in the US and was just tested negative but the doctor here in mexico told me that she should b tested again. this is stressing me out big time. When I got all those tests done in the US the doctors thought I was nuts. But now here in Mexico they are telling me that I might have it, what do you say doc? please help

I can't explain why your doctor in Mexico is providing you with such ridiculous advice. Rather than try to understand his faulty logic, I'd suggest you find a more reasonable and competent HIV specialist. No further HIV testing is warranted.

Truvada as PEP: a follow up