Just to let you know....

I just want to say that I had a relationship with an iv drug user (unknown to me at the time)a few years ago. This last year my hair starting to fall out, I was extreamly tired all the time, I had horrible night sweats, molluscum, generalized lymphadenopathy, strange skin rashes, and was constantly sick with sinus infecitons. I am a nursing student and started to do some research on all of my symptoms. Everything pointed to HIV. I had gone through two months of accepting that that was what I had until I finally felt ready to get tested and was able to accept a positive result. I had already picked out a specialist and decided how and when I was going to tell my family and friends. I got the results back today, and it was negative. NEGATIVE!!!! I immediatly started crying uncontrollably with relief. What I wanted to let you know is that while I was going through those two months of trying to consol myself with my "positive results", I spent numerous hours on this website. It gave me a new understanding of this disease, and has put it in a whole new light for me. For all those nights when I was fighthing with this on my own, I was able to read all the forums and stories of the brave people out there living with HIV, and those helping people live with it. As a future health care professional, my expierence has also helped me become much more open, and understanding to anyone that I encounter with HIV. So I want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who participates with this website. It appears that today is my WOOHOO day!

WOO-HOO! Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your story. There are countless others "out there" still locked in their own personal hell, convinced they too are positive, because "everything points to HIV." Hopefully reading your story will give them the courage to get tested. I suspect the vast majority have WOO-HOOs waiting for them as well.

Be well. Stay well.

Terrifed and Heart Broken
Can my doctor refuse to start me on meds?