IgA question (NOT IN THE ARCHIVES!)

Hello Doc, I have looked for information in the archives but I found nothing about this.

I had a single exposure with a girl (very probably HIV+) 6 months ago. Condom broke during the intercourse.

I followed your advice and took several 3-months and 25 weeks tests (all of them ELISA "standard", no p24 test, so I supose that they weren't 4th generation ones), all of them negative.

I was diagnosed with Chlamydia (PCR testing) a week ago, although I haven't had any symptoms. I have been treated with 1g of Zythromax and I am waiting to take another test to be sure it is over. I also took a STD panel (HBV,HCV,etc.) with everything negative, except Chlamydia.

In an hematology test taken 1 month ago (January), everything seems to be OK, but IgA is 370mg/dL. Its usual range seems to be up to 300 or 400, but I don't know if it's OK or maybe it is high or maybe not.

I read one of your answers, where you say that 3 months is always conclusive, EXCEPT in very RARE cases such as immunoglobuline disorders or something like that (sorry Doc, I was never good at Biology!).

I'm afraid, maybe my level of IgA is related to this? I hope not!! IgG is 1300 (it seems in the normal range) and IgM 120. I would like to put this to rest and have your conclusive WHOO-WOO!!

My questions are:

1. Do you think that this value of IgA is fine? Should I worry?

2. Are my 3 months and 25 weeks ELISA tests conclusive?

3. Is the level of this IgA related to the infection of Chlamydia? I also passed a severe tonsillitis, but it was 2 months ago (December)

THANK YOU, you are an angel Doc. I promise a donation and I wait for your response and WHOO WOO OK!

1. Your IgA level is normal.

2. Yes.

3. No.

The type of immunoglobulin disorder that could interfere with HIV-antibody test results is called hypogammaglobulinemia (low or deficient production of specific antibodies).

You are Dr. Bob-certified to WOO-HOO!

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well. Stay well.

Recent Exposure
your are a fraud and inconsiderate person (WHY DONT YOU ANSWER MY QUESTION)