Indeterminate HIV Test

Dr Bob

Here is what I received.

MEIA test - positive EIA test - positive WB - indeterminate p24 - negative

From reading on forums such as this one, it was my understanding that a positive EIA with WB indeterminate concludes as a negative test. I would like to think that the p24 was ordered as an additional test.

Why would a doctor conclude this test as indeterminate and ask me to come in again to resubmit the blood work?

Is it reasonable for me to expect that I do not have HIV even with this blood work? The time between the two samples is 2 weeks.

Thank you for your advise.

"A positive EIA with WB indeterminate concludes as a negative test?!?!?" Nope, you certainly did not read that here! A positive EIA and indeterminate WB is an "indeterminate test," not a negative test! It requires additional evaluation. I agree with your doctor's assessment and plan to have you retested. If the results are the same, a DNA PCR may help sort out the indeterminate result.

resistance
Unprotected sex (SWISS REPORT)