Southamerican Massage Parlour. At risk?

Hi Dr. Bob, your contribution to the society is great.

Recently I went to a massage parlour in a trip to SouthAmerica. I was taken to a room where I had to wait for about 3 to 5 min. for the masseur (lady) to show up. The facts are the following: I caressed her breast on top of her blouse as well as her hair for about 1 min., during that time she rubbed my penis with her hand on top of my jeans. Afterwards, I steped back and rubbed my own penis on top of my jeans for about 2 min. while she was touching herself (with clothes on - jeans and blouse). After this, I took out my penis, put on a condom and self-masturbated till orgasm. My concerns: 1. I think she went to the bathroom before entering the room where I was. Say she had contact with any of her fluids and didn't wash her hands (she had long nails), then she touched her hair or blouse. Am I at risk for touching that hair or blouse and afterwards having some contact with the lateral side of my penis while putting on the condom? 2. Similarly, if I touched my jeans 1 min. after she touched them (suppose there were residual fluids uderneath her nails) am I at risk? 3. If my own fluid inside the condom reached the area that I touched while putting the condom on, is it possible for the virus to "crawl" through that fluid to the urethra and enter the blood stream? Four days after the possible exposure I had a temp of 98.4 and a stiff neck for a few days afterwards; additionally, in week 4 (last week) I had a mild diarrhea (if I can call it so) that lasted a bit more than a day and some mild headaches. No rashes, flu or white dots in the mouth.

Even though there was no skin-skin contact I am FREAKED OUT and losing control of my life! Please, I need your advice, am I at risk? Should I take a test? Please help, promise a donation to your wonderful project. Thanks.

Dude, your fears are completely unwarranted. If HIV were contracted that easily, it would have wiped out the entire planet years ago. To specifically address your questions:

1. No.

2. No.

3. No. (HIV does not crawl, swim or cha-cha-cha.)

If you are freaked out and losing control of your life, you need to seek psychological or psychiatric help. Your HIV risk is completely nonexistent. Your fears and anxiety are totally irrational. Read through the information on this site related to HIV transmission. You should find it enlightening and reassuring. The only reason to take an HIV test would be to put your irrational fears permanently to rest. The result will undoubtedly be negative. Despite this, I do feel you would benefit from counseling to help you confront and conquer your irrational fears related to HIV.

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well. Stay well. (You are indeed well.)

SWISS REPORT
I've finally gathered up the courage to get tested AGAIN