supposed low risk but symptoms apparent and worried sick!

Hi Dr. Bob- Have been looking over your forum but didn't find the exact match I was looking for. Help. In mid Dec.'07, took part in bad judgment at a strip bar. A stripper with unknown hiv status (although a competing stripper claimed she had hiv) let me insert my finger into her and then I licked my finger. A week later I was diagnosd with prostatitis for frequent urination, malaise and was put on cipro. It helped but when I went off it after the two week time period, I had same frequency of urination and was put on bactrim. I had a reaction? (6 weeks past questioned exposure)which included a 100.2 fever lasted for a day and rash on back of arms with rash and brusing on legs and (it hurt) near ankles. Was given Prednisone to help with rash. Loose bowel and loss of appetitite currently but I think those are anxiety induced. Help, what relief do I have until the 3 month window is over and I can finally test? Does the rash confirm/ indicate a serovconversion??? Thanks and I will donate to your fund, you're an inspirational person. Thanks in advance. Trouble moving on wit my life waiting.

Your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent. You can't get prostatitis from licking a finger that had previously been exploring Badda Bing Betty's Bermuda Triangle. No way. No how. Likewise the chance of contracting HIV from this "finger licking good" (or good-finger-licking) experience is essentially nonexistent.

Your rash was most likely related to your Bactrim reaction.

What to do while waiting for your definitive three-month test? Well, you could read through the extensive archives of this forum. You should find information and testimonials there to be both enlightening and very reassuring. In addition, I've always found the best way to keep my personal challenges in their proper perspective is to help others who are in desperate need. Why not utilize some of the time you're currently spending worrying to volunteer at an AIDS hospice or a children's cancer center?

Thanks for your willingness to make a tax-deductible gift to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'll send my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month test is negative. I'm quite confident it indeed will be negative!

Looking or Obama inspiration
MD EXPOSED Bx result