Looking or Obama inspiration

Dr. Bob,

I viewed the Democratic debate last night and came away impressed with candidate Obama's views and outlook for our country. This break viewing the debate helped me to take worries of HIV away for a little while. Over 7 months ago I had non-protected oral receptive and vaginal insertive intercourse with a CSW. Testing has been conducted at 3,6& 7 months post incident with all results negative via elisa antibody tests. My concern regards symptons of oral Thrush-(Nystatin for 2 weeks has not resolved), coupled with persistant headaches and low grade fever.

Should I consider testing for HIV-2, or have I seroconverted late ?

I appreicate your time and tireless efforts in maintaining our sanity with your frequent responses to a generally uninformed public. I feel like I,m slowly moving to the the "dark" side-(Dems) as we call it in Texas.

Thanks for all you do, bless you Dr. Bob.

Yes, I agree. Anyone who watched the Obama-Hillary debate must indeed be impressed with their competence, integrity, intelligence and vision, particularly when compared to Bush's "Reign of Error" and the clueless backward-looking GOP candidates. I can assure you voting Democratic is anything but moving to the dark side! After all, Dubya is a "dim" bulb if there ever was one. And Cheney, well he seems to be a chimera of Lord Voldemort and Darth Vader. I won't even mention Gonzales (Torture Boy) and Rumsfeld (Dummy-Rummy). You just can't get any "darker" than these guys. Obama is definitely the way forward, even if you live in Texas.

Regarding your question, your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to seven months are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. HIV-2 testing? Not unless you've been shacking up with an infected West African. Late seroconverter? Nope!

Whatever is causing your oral symptoms, one thing is certain: It's not HIV! Stop worrying about a disease you could not possibly have.

Be well and remember to Barrack the Vote!

boyfriend diagnosed HIV+
supposed low risk but symptoms apparent and worried sick!