Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

possible transmission after pep ARE YOU KIDDING ME???
Feb 4, 2008

Regarding that question you answered. UNBELIEVABLE! I'm sitting here sweating bullets wondering if my 1 and only experimental blowjob on another man cost me my life not just the $1200 I've spent on a doctor visit and PEP meds which I may have gotten too late anyway. Thank you for telling this person to get a clue. I think about what I've risked- my job, my family, my life, and believe me I will NEVER have unprotected sex of any kind ever again. I don't think I could live through another wait like this.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Your reaction to that guy's post was similar to mine and as it turns out to that of many other folks who also wrote in with varying degrees of incredulity, ranging from OMG to WTF! Sometimes it takes all my strength not to repetitively bang my head into the keyboard in frustration when reading through the questions.

Thanks for writing in and reminding me that there are indeed sane, logical people out there.

Good luck with your PEP and post-PEP testing. I'm sending my good-luck karma that you are negative.

Dr. Bob

possible transmission after pep Jan 29, 2008

hello dr,bob i wanted to know i took pep on feb08/2007 and had unprotected sex 6 weeks later 2 weeks after last dose of pep i have since then exceeded the test window with a negative rapid test on 1/24/2008 is it possible that the pep stoped replication in my system . but at that point 2 weeks after pep i could have still passed the virus if i was infected .would the virus have stopped before hand PLSE HELP....

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

No, that is not possible.

Now I have a question for you. How could you have unprotected sex two weeks after completing a course of PEP!?!?!? Do you enjoy playing sexual Russian roulette or are you as intellectually and morally impaired as a closeted gay GOP congressman?

Dr. Bob

Previous
European Alternative to Sperm Washing
Next
anal sex and HIV exposure if your hetrosexual

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.