You are defying everything.

Hey there Bob, It's 2008. It's more than confirmed HIV is not going to be your problem. You are probably gonna pass away due to old age (natural causes). My question is how did you manage to defy all odds ? Are you feeling good that you are able to enjoy life to the fullest. You've already lived with hiv for more than 15 years and i guess by now it's grown sick of you lol. Can everyone expect the same luck that you have or are you one of a kind miracle survivors ?

The virus found me 16 years ago while I was working January 1991 to be exact. Why am I still here when so many others who got infected around the same time have transitioned on to whatever comes next? That is a complex question that I cannot fully explain. The course of HIV disease is quite variable from person to person for a whole host of reasons. These include variables related to the virus, such as viral strain, viral fitness, resistance profiles, etc. In addition there are also variables related to the host, such as immune integrity, efficacy of immune response, concurrent illness, age, adherence to medication regimens, genetics, etc. Sometimes I feel as though I'm living on "borrowed time." Certainly coexisting with HIV is an ongoing challenge and I've had my fair share of complications along the way. However, you ask if I am able to enjoy life to the fullest. The answer is absofrickinlutely! Can everyone expect the same clinical course I've had? No, some will do even better than I (avoiding Crixivan-induced kidney stones or d4T-induced peripheral neuropathy, for instance); others may do worse. However, can everyone with or without HIV enjoy life to the fullest? Absofrickinlutely!

re: year of worry
Positive People on Effective HIV Meds Arent Sexually Infectious (SWISS REPORT)