Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

trying to understand test description?
Feb 2, 2008

dear dr.bob your insight would be helpful my question is i had a hiv test done through quest diagnostics the test description said viral antibody 1&2 titer. i called my doctor for my results he said he would have them back in 2 to 3 days at the most.anyways i called him and he said the results were negative and that i have nothing to worry about. anyways i waited almost 5 months since last exposure to take test my question would be- is quest diagnostics a reliable lab? my second question would be my doctor took blood from my arm for the test would the test description i mentioned above be a standard elisa test? a donation will soon be on the way. thankyou so much for the work you do. i really enjoy the site it is very informative and inspirational. thanks,curious

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Curious,

1. Yes, Quest Diagnostics is a reliable lab.

2. Yes, your HIV-screening test would be an ELISA or similar assay that measures detectable levels of anti-HIV antibodies in the blood.

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Congratulations on your negative definitive HIV test. WOO-HOO!

Stay safe to stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Funny Salad Dressing on my Chicken Wrap
Next
Transmission where viral load is undetectable (REALLY A NEW QUESTION, I PROMISE!)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.