trying to understand test description?

dear dr.bob your insight would be helpful my question is i had a hiv test done through quest diagnostics the test description said viral antibody 1&2 titer. i called my doctor for my results he said he would have them back in 2 to 3 days at the most.anyways i called him and he said the results were negative and that i have nothing to worry about. anyways i waited almost 5 months since last exposure to take test my question would be- is quest diagnostics a reliable lab? my second question would be my doctor took blood from my arm for the test would the test description i mentioned above be a standard elisa test? a donation will soon be on the way. thankyou so much for the work you do. i really enjoy the site it is very informative and inspirational. thanks,curious

Hello Curious,

1. Yes, Quest Diagnostics is a reliable lab.

2. Yes, your HIV-screening test would be an ELISA or similar assay that measures detectable levels of anti-HIV antibodies in the blood.

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Congratulations on your negative definitive HIV test. WOO-HOO!

Stay safe to stay well.

Funny Salad Dressing on my Chicken Wrap
Transmission where viral load is undetectable (REALLY A NEW QUESTION, I PROMISE!)