International adoption of HIV+ kids

Hi, Thanks for all the information you provide on your site! It's been incredibly helpful.

I have a question about the US travel restrictions for people with HIV. I am a single woman (US citizen) who has lived abroad for the past several years. I would like to adopt a child from my country of residence who is HIV+. I've heard of other kids with HIV being adopted by individuals in the US, but how does the travel ban affect these children? Is a waiver possible in these cases?

Thank you so much!

Yes, you can apply for all the necessary waivers. Just work through a reputable adoption agency. On behalf of all HIV-positive kids, please accept my sincere and heartfelt thanks for your willingness to adopt an HIV-positive child! Your excellent cosmic karma counter just rocketed off the scale.

Be well.

The Grease Monkey!
Funny Salad Dressing on my Chicken Wrap