Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

insurane woes and possible woo-hoo
Jan 31, 2008

Dr. Bob,

I had the ol rub and tug (nothing else, she was fully clothed) about 12 weeks ago. Well I did not think anything of it until seven weeks after this my insurance company wanted a urine test for an extended policy. No problem I think. Well 5 five weeks later the insurance company denies me coverage. I try to find out why, but of course I have to mail them a letter and when they get around to it they send my info to my doctor. So in the mean time I have been freaking out. I had a hiv test done at my PCP at the 80 day post exposre and it was negative. (They drew blood, not sure which test it was). Would that put me at a "woo-able" level or is it possible that the urine hiv test at seven weeks came up with something that the blood test at 80 days did no?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Insurance companies suck (and not in a good way). They denied your coverage without an explanation? That should be illegal.

A rub and tug is not a risk for HIV acquisition. (Your 80-day negative HIV test confirms this). I would assume the insurance company is redlining your policy for a completely unrelated problem (an issue not related to HIV). Write back and let me know how this turns out.

Dr. Bob

Previous
many sex partners
Next
scared and confused in uk! (CUNNILINGUS)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.