Increased risk with mutual masturbation?

Dear Dr. Frasccino,

Before I start, I would like to know if you accept British debit cards for donatations? I live in the UK and don't own a credit card - please let me know if that works as well.

My situation is as follows. I met with another male of unknown HIV status. Trying to play it "safe" I insisted on sticking to oral sex (unprotected) and mutual masturbation. He offered unprotected insertive anal to me but I refused. That all is still fine. Thing is, he ejaculated before I did. It wasn't working for me, so for about 5 - 10 minutes I still had to masturbate myself while I still touched his genitals (i.e. probably got into contact with his semen) and preformed oral again shortly.

After I was done, I cleaned myself off with a towel shortly and went to wash up (I usually wash all areas, but not sure if I did this time). I did however, take a shower when I got home about 45 minutes later. It was at that point that I noticed a tiny, cut on the head of my penis (I am circumsized). It scabbed the next day. It wasn't deep and might have been caused by hitting his teeth not sure.

What are my chances of contracting HIV from this experience? What if his semen was on my hand when I continued to masturbate myself - which it probably was (wasn't using it as lube, but due to the situation)? I am bisexual and have sex with women so am EXTREMELY worried that I might pass something on! I obviously won't have unprotected sex till I am certain. I know my HIV status was negative before that and plan to take a HIV duo test at six weeks.

Looking forward to your reply and sorry for the long question and all the details.

Thank you for your time.

Best, Marc

Hey Marc,

Your HIV acquisition risk is remote at best. I see absolutely no cause for alarm. A single rapid HIV test is all you'll need to put any residual HIV fears permanently to rest. I'm very confident the result will be negative.

Regarding using British debit cards for donations to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation, unfortunately no, they won't work for online donations. Only PayPal and credit cards are accepted online. (www.concertedeffort.org) However, you can always send a check or money order via snail mail. Alternatively we accept direct wire bank transfers (instructions on our Web site), cash, family jewels, gold teeth, oil wells and diamond mines. So you see, the options are nearly endless. In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that your definitive HIV test is negative.

Be well!

I can WHOO-HOO after a year of worrying!!!
Dentist with exposure to positive patient