Heavy Symptoms/exposure

First of all great site and ty!

My potential exposure was 13.5 weeks ago and involved unprotected oral and protected vaginal w/a sex-worker. However, the condom broke during the vaginal sex so it should be considered unprotected.

10 days following this exposure I became very ill. At the time I assumed it was the flu. However, a month or so later I began to experience night sweats and oral abnormalities (strange growths in my mouth after I ate food, sore throat)

This is when I became very worried about HIV and went to a specialist expecting to be told I was positive. He told me my symptoms were "textbook", but we didn't know anything until we got the results.

So he took blood and did Cd4 and viral load tests. Everything came back negative, my Cd4 was 633 (with "normal" %s) and had no viral load! It was the happiest day of my life to say the least.

This was at 12 weeks after exposure, I also had a negative ora-quick and home access test. However, I'm still having the night sweats.

The Dr. told me I should come back and test at 6 months, but that it was ok for me to have unprotected sex w/my girlfriend.

So basically, my question is it ok for me to Whoo-hoo yet? I've read the archives and it kind of worried me that I shouldn't be celebrating yet...

any advice would be well appreciated, and to everyone that can, please donate!

Your repeatedly negative HIV tests, including "viral load," OraQuick and Home Access, out to 12 weeks following your condom failure sex-perience with the Naughty Lady of Shady Lane are definitive and conclusive. The CD4 count was definitely overkill and, not surprisingly, it's normal as well. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No further HIV testing is warranted. (If your doctor wants you to return for a six-month test, how could he also say it's OK for you to have unprotected sex with your girlfriend? That just doesn't make any sense whatsoever!)

I'd suggest you WOO-HOO and perhaps find yourself a more competent doctor! A good general internist should be able to help you sort out your night sweats problem.

DR BOB HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
I can WHOO-HOO after a year of worrying!!!