For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

DR BOB HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

First off I wanna say thank you for your time and support. You make life easier living. So my question is does prior health matter when treating hiv???? As for myself I have never had health problems until now. Also I don't smoke or drink. Is my squared behavior gonna help me in the future?????

Hello Favorite Rochesterian,

There are many factors that can influence the clinical course of HIV disease. These would include both viral (viral strain, resistance profile, etc.) and host (immune integrity, concurrent illnesses, age, etc.). Certainly the fact you have been healthy and seem to lead a health-prone existence (not smoking, drinking, etc.) is beneficial in fighting any illness, including HIV. I see no reason you should be anything but extremely optimistic about the future.

One final note regarding your new title as my "favorite" Rochesterian, well, actually you do have a considerable amount of competition there, including a large Italian family and first loves of both sexes. So, you may have to downgrade a bit to perhaps "a favorite Rochesterian," OK?

Just Updating You!
Heavy Symptoms/exposure