The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dr. Bob...Please help me....plz plz plz

Jan 29, 2008

Hello Dr. Bob,

I have been reading this forum for a while. I cant tell you how many times i was deeply touched by what you did and what you said(and got so cracked up by your jokes too). I am worried and I hope you can spare a little of your precious time to straight things out for me.... i met this girl at a club, and we ended up fooling around. we had protected sex, but i licked the fingers that she used to touch and finger herself for several times. That day i had really chapped lips, and they were bleeding the day before and the day after. 2 or 3 weeks later, my left side gum was swallowed up and my left gland really hurt. The symptom went away after 5 or 7 days. I do not know what to do now, and I desperately need your advice. Could you please address me the risk of my stupid action? thank you very much,


Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Jason,

The "left side gum was 'swallowed-up'"??? Hmm . . . sounds painful and not too tasty either.

Jason, your HIV risk is minimal to nonexistent (leaning heavily to the nonexistent side!). Your symptoms are not at all worrisome for HIV. If you remain worried, get a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark. I'm confident the results will be negative. And Jason, whether you decide to get HIV tested or not, I would suggest you invest in a tube of Chap Stick!

Be well.

Dr. Bob

you are the great man i know
Great Human Being

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint