Dr. Bob...Please help me....plz plz plz

Hello Dr. Bob,

I have been reading this forum for a while. I cant tell you how many times i was deeply touched by what you did and what you said(and got so cracked up by your jokes too). I am worried and I hope you can spare a little of your precious time to straight things out for me.... i met this girl at a club, and we ended up fooling around. we had protected sex, but i licked the fingers that she used to touch and finger herself for several times. That day i had really chapped lips, and they were bleeding the day before and the day after. 2 or 3 weeks later, my left side gum was swallowed up and my left gland really hurt. The symptom went away after 5 or 7 days. I do not know what to do now, and I desperately need your advice. Could you please address me the risk of my stupid action? thank you very much,

Jason

Hey Jason,

The "left side gum was 'swallowed-up'"??? Hmm . . . sounds painful and not too tasty either.

Jason, your HIV risk is minimal to nonexistent (leaning heavily to the nonexistent side!). Your symptoms are not at all worrisome for HIV. If you remain worried, get a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark. I'm confident the results will be negative. And Jason, whether you decide to get HIV tested or not, I would suggest you invest in a tube of Chap Stick!

Be well.

you are the great man i know
Great Human Being