After 2 months BF informed me he is HIV+...please advise!

Dear Doc...

I have been dating a guy for 2 months...just yesterday he told me that he was HIV+. I am HIV-. He did not disclose his HIV+ status to me and although we haven't had "intercourse" we have jerked off together and he did rub his penis against my anus and there was some precum around that area. He insists that our sexual behavior is considered LOW RISK since we actually have not had penetrative sexual intercourse. I am completely floored and am worried that I will contract HIV. I will get an HIV test in 3 months from today. Please advise. Should I be worried ???

Why are you "completely floored?" We must consider the possibility that all our sexual partners could be HIV positive and always, always, always take the necessary precautions to prevent HIV transmission. Although I would have preferred if your stud-muffin had disclosed his HIV status before you two hotties hit the sheets, I agree with his assessment that your activities to date have been "low risk." Should you be worried? No. However, if you are, get a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark. You also need to have a serious talk with your partner. I suggest you both read through the sections titled "Magnetic Couples," "HIV Prevention" and "HIV Transmission" in the archives of this forum. Good luck to you both.

QUICK question for a fast-mind Doc!!!
MD EXPOSED UPDATE