massage , donation assured
Jan 29, 2008
Please , please reply to this
I had a body massage at a massage parlour and had a small wound on my ankle which stated bleeding while being massaged . HIV test on the 14th week showed non- reactive but I have had sore throat 3~4 times in this period . Please confirm 1) If oil , freshly contaminated with HIV infected blood is massaged on a bleeding wound , is there any risk of HIV infection ? 2) What are the precautions one should take while taking massage in such parlours 2) How do I make a donation to your organisation?
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. HIV does not live outside the body. However, if HIV-infected bodily fluids come into contact with non-intact skin, the possibility of HIV transmission exists.
2. Don't allow HIV-infected bodily fluids to come into contact with non-intact skin. Don't have unprotected penetrative sex.
3. Donation information for the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Just click on the Donate tab.
Finally, I should mention your negative HIV test at week 14 is definitive. HIV is not your problem!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Herpes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Handjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.