Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Humour and viral load
Jan 28, 2008

I'd like to know if having a sense of humour as deep and funny as you have is scientifically demonstrated to be good in order to reduce your viral load or it, simply, makes you feel happier. Anyhow, please, keep your cute sense of humour and get on make us laugh, as you provide us with your strongly based knowledge!!!!

[ sorry for the mistakes, I'm a Spaniard who has never being in any English-speaking land :-( ]

Sergio, Oviedo, northern Spain

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hola Sergio,

Laughter and a good sense of humor have been scientifically linked to lowering blood pressure, decreasing stress, improving mood, voting for Democrats and having more hot fusion sex. (OK, I made that last part up.) I'm not sure about the viral load connection, but Sergio, even if it doesn't have a significant effect there, isn't "more hot fusion sex" enough of a reason to smile?

Be well Sergio. (Even your name sounds sexy.)

Dr. Bob

Previous
You are amazing!!
Next
GOOD NEWS... but still got one more month

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.