Please Dr. Bob, I need your advice! I wrote four times.

Sir ,i honestly require your advice. I am a student living in India. This incident changed my life .I am not able to concentrate on my studies . If you can help me to judge right , may be i can come out of this darkness. Now i am studying , so not capable of giving donation but will try whenever possible.

First of all i want to explain the incident happened to me:

When i was of 15 (2001) ,i got engaged in unprotected anal sex with my friend . At that time i was not aware of sex and hiv very much . This is the only incidence which put me on the risk . After that i got sick and i felt ARS symptoms like fever for more than a month , enlarge lymph nodes , mouth ulcers , whitish tongue , skin rash. It took more than a month for me to back to normal .I also observed many white spots or pimples on skin of the head of the penis , which disappeared in 2-3 weeks. After that i remained healthy for certain period of time . But then many a times i suffered from serious fevers(which remains for long period) , small rashes in hand ( which appears and disappears) , Burning sensation in hands , enlarge lymph nodes , body pain , mental problems(reduced thinking capability) , mouth ulcers etc.

In 2004 end i had to go outside for studies , where i suffered from tuberculosis of lungs with other complications. that time i felt seriously ill and was on complete bed rest for more than three months and it take one year to recover.From then onwards my body immune system decreased a lot .The pimples on my penis re-appeared and they are present till today. NOW i am suffering from severe body pains , enlarge lymph nodes which pains very much , very much reduced capability of thinking , certain mental complications , weight losses , liver problems, mouth ulcers (which remains for a month), itching. so i seriously doubt of suffering from hiv .so i took the following tests from 2006 starting:

-8 Elisa test , which all results negative

-7 Rapid test , which all results negative

-one hiv-1 pcr quantitative on Roche cobas amplicor , which results in < 400 copies(through collection center).

-one hiv-1 pcr qualitative on nucleic acid testing , which results in not detected(through collection center)..

I want to ask you the following questions:

1. what is going on with me.

2. what are my chances of suffering from hiv ,can it can be a rare strain of hiv which the test can not detect.

3. does i reached the advanced stage , so i am not able to produce antibodies.

4. does i need more testing or dr. bob certified clearance.

5. if not hiv , then what about my symptoms.

please help

Actually you've written far more than "four times." In fact you posted the identical question 35 times in a row just today!!!! Impressive, but I assure you doing so does NOT increase your chances of getting a response. In fact, all it does is further clog up my already overstuffed inbox and make me hit the delete button! I'll post a question from the archives below that may help you and other CRPs (chronic repetitive posters) understand how best to get the information or reassurance you need. Please note the recommendation to search the archives! In fact, that is where you will find the reassurance you need pertaining to your eight negative ELISA tests, seven negative rapid tests, one negative quantitative PCR DNA, one negative qualitative DNA PCR and a partridge in a pear tree!

Question about re-submitting questions (should help clear your inbox) Aug 27, 2006

This one should be informative for everyone. In an effort to understand the system (and especially to help clear your inbox a little) how long should we wait to re-submit a question that you didn't pick to answer? In other words, if we post a question, and see you've answered a bunch of others later that day but didn't pick ours, that doesn't mean anything, right? Because maybe you're still making your way through the pile? Should we give it a day?

I'm re-submitting mine because I really need you. I called you a sexy Italian in my subject, so you know it's me. And no, I'm not taking it out. When you stop being sexy, I'll think about it.

By the way, the nerve of people who get all bent out of shape if you don't pick their question. You can only do the best you can, geez. I, for one, am honored to learn from you at all and will wait patiently and keep reposting. Look for me...

xoxo, Good girl in New York

Hello Good Girl in New York,

Good question from a Good Girl! How quickly I can get to a particular question depends on my travel schedule and a variety of other factors, including how many questions I have to read through before beginning to type my responses. As a general policy, here's what I would suggest if you have a question:

1. Check the archives. I've been answering questions here for a number of years and have built up a massive archive. The chances are actually excellent that the information or reassurance you are looking for is already waiting for you in the archives. Ninety-nine percent of the questions I read everyday I've already responded to sometime in the past!

2. If I don't respond to your questions, check to see if your question is reasonable and/or understandable. I can't tell you the number of questions I get from anxious nervous nellies who are so distraught that they wind up typing a bunch of gobbledygook, pleading that I help them, but not giving me enough information to figure out what they are worried about or never even asking a legitimate question! So I recommend rereading your question before resubmitting to see if it's a valid question and that it contains enough information for me to comment upon.

3. If I haven't answered your question and you've checked the archives and you've rechecked your question, then I suggest you wait two weeks before resubmitting. Yes, I can get up to two weeks behind at times. Believe it or not, I do have a life outside of my role as Dr. Bob here on the sex channel.

Stay well. Thanks for your question and your patience, Good Girl in New York!

Giving HIV to another: "Hellish"
You are amazing!!