Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Safe Barrier??
Jan 28, 2008

I am a married bi bottom male, Poz since June 07. I converted voluntarily, & test regularily, but allowing the virus to run it's course. My wife misses bareback sex, & has responded by N.S.A. sex with 4-5 males a week. She believes another mans body fluids are a barrier to mine. She hooks up several times, then wants me barebacking her.I pull out, but I am having an ever increasing number of partners myself. Is this a safe barrier if the other men with her are clean? I believe she is in denial, but talking about it sets her off sexually, so I avoid it.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

There are just so many things so terribly wrong about your brief post one hardly knows where to begin. Congratulations. I think you may have just won this week's most dysfunctional post award!

You are a married-bi-bottom-poz who converted "voluntarily"???? What does that mean?

You test regularly, but are "allowing the virus to run its course"??? What??? That makes about as much sense as Dubya's foreign (or domestic, for that matter) policy! Would you care to elaborate on this course of action?

The Mrs. misses bareback sex, so she substituted no-strings-attached sex with four to five males a week, because she "believes" another man's body fluids are a barrier to yours???? OMG! Did she perhaps help design Dubya's Iraq war strategy too?

So your wife hooks up several times with random guys and then wants you to bareback her. You oblige, but "pull out." Plus you are having an "ever increasing number of partners" yourself. WOWZA, you two are really quite a couple. (Couple of what is difficult to say.)

So your parallel-universe question boils down to wondering if it's safe for a married-bi-poz-bottom guy, who is having an ever increasing number of sex partners, to bareback his wife after she hooks up bareback with multiple dudes, because the other guys' spunk will be a safe barrier to her getting infected???? Please tell me you're kidding. You believe your wife is in denial. I'd probably use a stronger term. "Talking to her about it sets her off sexually"???WHAT??? What does that even mean? You tell her "honey what you're doing is totally whacked" and then she what starts moaning and having multiple orgasms?

Dude, apparently both you and the Mrs. were either home schooled or a victim of Dubya's abstinence-only sex misinformation program. You both need to get a better grasp on sexual reality and common sense. I would suggest you both avail yourselves of the wealth of information on this site and its related links, focusing on (1) safer sex techniques, (2) STDs/HIV prevention, (3) HIV treatment and (4) magnetic couples.

Good luck. I'm quite convinced you both desperately need it.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Quick question!!!Your opinion is so important for me
Next
Dr. bobs genes (LIVING LONGER WITH HIV/AIDS)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.