Broken Condom During sex

Sorry about taking up your time, but this has been nagging at me quiet a bit...

Firstly im in the Army so i have been vaccinated against most diseases possible, some of the hepitius strains etc... But recently after returning from over sea's i was on leave and went for a holiday in Phuket with a bunch of mates. Well needless to say one thing led to another and i ended up sleeping with one of the locals. But knowing what i know about STD/STI's, i used protection - But half way in i felt my condom break and pulled out straight away (at least im pretty sure i was right after it broke...).

Now my question is does the exposer change the likelihood of contracting STD's such as HIV and Hep C etc? So far (1 week after) i have not noticed any SDI indicators - so i guess thats one good thing. But I know the STD rate in Phuket is rather high, and i cant afford to get any STD's in my line of work as it warrents immediate discharge and i love what i do. I will be going in for a STD check and will be speaking to my med doc ASAP on return to my unit. Also i would like to know what the chances are of spreading HIV, if in fact i have caught it, a few days after the incident. Im not planning too, but i did have protected sex a few days after and I am wondering if i should contact them now or wait till after i test myself first.

Thanks for your time.

One thing led to another??? Well what did you expect from a town named "Phuket"???

Your STD/HIV risk would be extremely low if indeed you pulled out "straight away" when the condom failed; however, the risk is not completely nonexistent. Consequently, an HIV test is warranted at the three-month mark. Your hepatitis C risk would be insignificant, as would your risk of passing an STD on to another partner if you have "protected sex."

Hi...Kindly answer
"A Kiss Is Just A Kiss ... "