Ugh What Test Next

Dear Dr. Bob:

I am confused. I do HIV outreach and prevention and thought I knew everything there was to know about HIV prevention.

However, after having a long bout with abdominal discomofrt I decided to go to the dr. After a test, I was diagnosed with three different parasites. One of which was ambi something, which is very rare and only found in the third world. My dr. immediately contact infectious disease and recommended I take an HIV test.

I have been in a mongamous relationship for a little over a year. There was a possible exposure 4 months ago. But i have had to HIV tests and they were negative.

The dr ordered a CD4 and CD8 test as well. The CD8s were high. He told me he blieves I have not sereoconverted yet. He said HIV is really the ony thing that affects CD8s. Therefore, i guess I been diagnosed.

Should I see and infectious disease dr.?

Should you see an infectious disease specialist? Well, I'm certain he'd be fare more qualified than the current incompetent physician who told you "HIV is really the only thing that affects CD8s!" I too "blieves" you have not seroconverted yet and the main reason is that you can't because you don't have HIV! Your two negative HIV tests out to four months are definitive. HIV is not your problem. Intestinal parasites are not all that rare and are usually fairly easily cured with the appropriate medications. My advice is to ditch your current doctor and find a more competent one for your general medical care. Use an infectious disease specialist if your intestinal parasites prove difficult to treat.

As far as HIV is concerned, yes you've been diagnosed! You are HIV negative!

YOU ROCK DR.BOB!!!
Hi...Kindly answer