YOU ROCK DR.BOB!!!

Dr. Bob, you're site is awesome. I can't explain what a joy it is to read your delightful and comforting responses. I finally had a question myself. I've had 3 ORAQUICK Advance Oral tests done over the last 5 years. They have all been negative, even though my first test was outside the window period by a few years. I think I'm developing a light case of Rosacea under my lip, and above my chin, it seems to be very mild. Also, my hygiene is by no means top notch, however the night before my oraquick tests, I always brushed my teeth. Is another test warranted? I read that Rosacea is common in the HIV infected community. After finally graduating college, I've been out and about playing the field once again, if u know what I mean and am just trying to be as responsible as possible (NO intercourse other than shaking hands - I need your approval first, hehe). My last two tests were within the last 6 months and my last sexual exposure was > 5 years ago. I just want to protect myself and the community. I plan on going to see the Derm. next week, but the last thing I want to worry about is being (+). Also, I have developed slight abdominal pain and a light case of infected hair follicles mainly on my thighs. Other than that, I had 3 negative Oral tests because it's all the testing center offered. All I need is a "thumbs up", "thumbs down" or a "test again" from you. Take care Dr. Bob - and stay Dry, I hear the west is pretty wet these days.

Anthony

Hey Anthony,

As Ebert and Roeper say, "Two Thumbs Up. Way Up."

Your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to five years are definitive and conclusive. As you proceed past the "handshake," don't forget to be dressed for the occasion. Play safe to stay safe. Finally, I'd suggest you ratchet up your hygiene into that "top notch" if you expect more than a handshake or even to get a second date!

Be well.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart...
Ugh What Test Next