Thank you from the bottom of my heart...

Hi Dr. Bob,

I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kind attention and answer in Dec. 19. I am so sorry if i somehow dissapoint you by taking an oral rapid test at 92 days post exposure over a non/remote risk (protected vag intercourse) which turns out to be negative. Now I'm living my life to the fullest... Thanks again...Hope you'll have a long and happy life... GOD Bless!

Regards, ~a never ending woohoo screeaming blood donor guy

Thanks for your thanks.

WOO-HOO!

Should I donor my blood ever again?!? Dec 19, 2007

Dear Dr. Bob,

I've been following your forum for a month or so...I think this site and forum has done a marvelous job indeed... Ok, so get on to my question...I am a regular blood donor at my local blood bank, I've been doing it for the last 4 years now and thinking to continue doing it...But the problem is, I've made a mistake by having a protected vaginal intercourse with a FSW about 2,5 month ago (condom on before and after intercourse and it seems intact)...I've never experience any symptoms (except a couple night of insomnia and a couple day of lack appetite whisch I assume came from anxiety because I'm thinking that I've put myself at risk for getting HIV)...I know that I've always been neg (last was about 3 months ago), but now I am wondering should I ever donor my blood again ever since my I've put myself at risk...Can you give me guidance, what should I do? Should I donor my blood again (in January) without testing for HIV first or should I test for HIV first?

Thank you doc for your attention, I hope you would be so kind to answer this answer in your so so busy schedule...

If indeed your vaginal sex was "protected," I see no cause for concern. By "protected" I mean the latex condom was used properly and did not fail. HIV cannot permeate intact latex. No way. No how. I see no reason you should not continue to be a blood donor. Just answer all the questions honestly on the pre-donation questionnaire.

Be well. Stay safe. Stay well.

travel ban policy
YOU ROCK DR.BOB!!!