Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

...HE BIT IT RIGHT OFF!!!!!
Jan 26, 2008

Are the odds in my favor? What are the odds?

Met a guy online and hooked-up. He gave me oral sex until I came in his mouth (2 minutes). When I pulled out, I noticed my penis covered in a thin coat of blood. I thought he bit something off! I immediately went to the bathroom and washed it off with soap and water. He then explained to me that he had dental work done awhile ago and could have swore that it no longer bled. needles to say, I was about to do some of my own dental work on him.

Anyhow, now I believe I may be the first confirmed/documented/reported/or whatever case of getting hiv infection due to recieving oral sex (thanks to the freakin oral blood).

Back to my question, what the odds of WOOHOO!

motu

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You were certainly wrong about "he bit it right off" and I'm willing to bet your prediction of being "the first confirmed/documented/reported or whatever case of getting HIV infection due to receiving oral sex (thanks to the freakin oral blood)" is also wrong. I have no odds or estimated statistical risk for you, because we obviously can't do studies involving guys with recent dental work who bleed while giving blowjobs! You'll need to get a rapid HIV test (or ELISA) at the three-month mark to conclusively determine your HIV status. I'm guessing you'll be WOO-HOOing when you see the result. Write back and let me know, OK? I'll send my good-luck karma!

Dr. Bob

Previous
4th attempt, please don't forget me Dr.BOB!!!
Next
Not a question...

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.