Jan 26, 2008
second time emailing...but I was diagnosed with mono. spot test was negative..got thrush got deathly scared...dropped 11 pounds 2 weeks..swollen painful lymph nodes everywhere. doc felt them...teeth pain gingervitis...had it before..old problem..had a test done almost 3 months from exposure...negative..got second one 3 months post..still feel like crap, same symptoms. I know what your gonna say but the anxiety is literally killing me..
Response from Dr. Frascino
You probably do indeed know exactly what I'm going to say. A negative HIV test outside the window period trumps "symptoms and feeling like crap" each and every time. You've had negative HIV tests out to six months. These are definitive and conclusive. Whatever is causing your symptoms, one thing is now certain: it's not HIV!
My advice is as follows:
1. Follow up with a competent internal medicine physician regarding your ongoing symptoms.
2. If "anxiety is literally killing" you, you need to get your anxiety treated! Your internist may be able to help or refer you to a therapist.
The bottom line is that you need to stop perseverating on a condition that you could not possibly have! HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. OK? But you knew I'd say that, right? Of course you did.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Scared I Have AIDS
- Blood In Semen After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can Thrush Cause A Metallic Taste In Your Mouth?
- Can You Catch Hepatitis From Oral Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.