Symptoms

I am in agony right now. I had unprotected sex with a guy who a week later told me he is positive. During our sexual intercourse, he didn't came inside me but came on my stomach. Is it possible to transmit HIV through semen-to-skin route?

Why the agony? We must consider the possibility that all our sexual partners could be HIV positive and always take all the necessary precautions to prevent possible HIV transmission. That way, should you find out after the fact, you can just utter a sigh of relief with the realization that "protected" is indeed "protected." Unfortunately this is not the case with your current situation. Unprotected sex, whether or not you find out after the deed is done that your Don Juan is actually Typhoid Mary, places you at risk for STDs, including HIV. Remember, 25% of the over one million HIV-positive Americans have absolutely no idea they are infected. Consequently your degree of "agony" really shouldn't be any greater, whether or not you get an unwanted post-sex phone call!

To directly answer your question, HIV cannot permeate intact skin. However, since you had "unprotected sex," you still need HIV testing at the three-month mark. Certainly not having ejaculation "inside" decreases the transmission risk, but it does not eliminate it. HIV can be found in pre-cum.

Good luck. Remember to stay safe. Always, always, always play safe.

HIV risk from vaginal blood outside the body?
ok why?