The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I NEED HELP DOC. donation on the way

Jan 24, 2008

I recently had protected vaginal and oral sex with a sex worker in Singapore. Now where i was is apparently licenesed by the goverment and girls get tested every week. but at leat 48 hours after my experience i had a aching pain in my testicles with later my doctor said wasepiditimytis but prescribed me Doxycycline anyway. but now 2 weeks later i came down with sore throat, enlarged lypmh nodes and still an achy scrotum. Latly it has been 4 weeks and now i have small isolated area of come and go pain in my back, near my triceps, my elbow. I am so nervous Do you think this is symptoms of ARS. I would appreciate the Help .

Response from Dr. Frascino


If your Singapore fling was indeed "protected," your HIV risk would be essentially nonexistent, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not fail. Your symptoms are not suggestive of or worrisome for HIV ARS (acute retroviral syndrome). If you remain worried, and clearly you are, get a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark. The results will undoubtedly be negative. But it may well be the most efficient and effective way to put your residual HIV fears permanently to rest.

Thanks for your donation ( In return I'll send my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV test is negative.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

You would get more share of votes than Fidel in Cuba
A word of thanks

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint