30 Seconds of WOW danger?

Hi Dr. Bob,

First let me say that I have been reading your forums for over 6 years now and you have REALLY helped me gain some insight into my 7 year battle with GAD and OCD...all linked to the fear of this disease of course.

My question: About 3 months ago, a male friend and I (I am female mind you) fooled around a bit and he inserted his manhood in me for about 20-25 seconds, unprotected. He then withdrew and we continued the shabang session for with a condom. I have experienced no symptoms other than a recent mild cold that lasted 2-3 days, and my BF had a upper respirtory thing a about a month after this incident (but I think he got that from work--he is a firefighter and they are all practically on top of each other --ha ha nice mental pic!) We also had oral sex and although I did not swallow or get hardly any of the love juice in my mouth, I have a surfaced wisdom tooth in the back of my mouth that never bleeds, but hurts when I eat something hard. It was fine during all this.

I am really sick of living with this fear that I know is unwarranted. I feel like everything I do, even when it is protected is going to get me infected someway, somehow..like there are signs everywhere from TV commericals to Queen songs that come on the radio. Silly I know. I am now engaged and I really don't want to live like this anymore. Thanks for your help and continue to be the inspiring hunk that you are :-)~

It took me a while to read through your question, because I too got distracted by the image of hot horned-up firemen sliding up and down poles and playing with each others' hoses. Actually I think I saw that scene in a porno flick some time ago . . . but I digress . . . back to your question! GAD and OCD related to HIV??? Hmm . . . time for you too to join AAAAA (American Association Against Acronym Abuse). If it's severe enough that you think you are getting secret messages from TV commercials and Queen songs, well I'd suggest it's time you sought out some professional help to confront and ultimately conquer these irrational fears. You state you "know" your fears are unwarranted. That's half the battle right there! Get some counseling to help you conquer the other half!

Good luck!

Is this the real life-

Is this just fantasy-

Caught in a landslide-

No escape from reality-

Open your eyes

Look up to the skies and see-

I see a little silhouetto of a man,

Scaramouche, scaramouche will you do the fandango-

Thunderbolt and lightning-very very frightening me-

Galileo, galileo,

Galileo galileo

Galileo figaro-magnifico-

A little help needed
Are women more easily infected by HIV than men