|Enema as HIV prevention
Jan 24, 2008
I was exposed to sperm in my rectum. I did a thorough rinsing (enema) just after. No soap just water directly out of the hose and into my rectum six time. Does that minimize the risk at all?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
No, in fact enemas can traumatize the delicate rectal mucosal surfaces. The best way to "minimize the risk" for HIV is to use a latex condom to avoid the exposure!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hairy Tongue After Sharing Sex Toys Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Unprotected Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.