Enema as HIV prevention
Jan 24, 2008
I was exposed to sperm in my rectum. I did a thorough rinsing (enema) just after. No soap just water directly out of the hose and into my rectum six time. Does that minimize the risk at all?
Response from Dr. Frascino
No, in fact enemas can traumatize the delicate rectal mucosal surfaces. The best way to "minimize the risk" for HIV is to use a latex condom to avoid the exposure!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hpv After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Azithromycin Dose For Chlamydia
- Condoms Videos
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.