Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Worrying about nothing?
Jan 20, 2008

Hi Dr. Frascino

Another "average guy who sneaks into woman's restrooms to sniff awful smelling maxi-pads" as you put it a while ago...

A couple of years ago I had this bizarre thing about used menstrual pads/panty liners/tampons etc. I am wondering if there is any risk of HIV/Aids involved in this. I am a little embarrassed to admit, but I have touched and licked and ejaculated on some.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

So you're just another average guy who sneaks into woman's restrooms to sniff, touch, lick and whack-off on awful smelling used maxi-pads. Gosh, let me guess: you're a GOP congressman from a square red state in the middle of the country, right? Yeah, I thought so. No worries congressman. Your HIV risk remains nonexistent, even though the "ick" factor from your activities is off the charts. I doubt you'll even get caught, since most of the GOP bad bathroom behavior seems to be focused on Larry Craig's "wide stance", "I'm not gay" gay-sex-in-the-stalls bathroom scandal.

I'll reprint below the post from the archives from that other guy who just liked to sniff.

Dr. Bob

i dont know what the hell i was thinking Dec 12, 2004

this is realy gross but im just your av guy who had never smelled a maxi pad before and wanted to know what one smelled like so i smelled it and it smelled gross i then got a compulsion that i was going to open my mouth and stick out my tounge while breathing it in and it smelled awful by then my compulsion had stoped and id left the womens bathroom . im wondering if i could have got aids or hepatitis abc from doing thios stupid compulsion . i dont feel any diferent but i do notice that lately that i have to blow my nose all the time cause it runs and my gas smells awful almost like the maxi pad that i smelled . and i just feel like i always have a plegmy throat . and i get sick more often now . im not sure if i caugght somekind of disease from that stupid compulsion or if it may be alot worse .please give me your advice .

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You're just an average guy who sneaks into woman's restrooms to sniff awful smelling maxi-pads while sticking out your tongue. Hmmm . . . let me guess. Red Stater, right??? Oh, never mind. Relax my friend. I'd say your biggest worry would have been how you would have explained your bizarre behavior to the security guard who might have caught you and maxi in such a compromising position in the ladies' powder room. Was there any HIV risk? Nope!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Dr. Bob is from Rochester?!?!
Next
i ahve got Idiopathic cd4 lymphocytopenia (IDIOPATHIC CD4 LYMPHOCYTOPENIA) (ICL)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.