|how can i donate?
Jan 20, 2008
Hello Doc, 1. I would like to make a donation to your foundation but I'm unsure about how to go about it. How do I do it? 2. Thank you for your time and effort! Your input is greatly appreciated. 3. I've heard that HIV-2 has a slower progression than HIV-1. If this is true, would the development of antibodies be prolonged as well? Would this warrant testing past 3 months? My risk is unprotected sex with a man from nigeria(i am a female). We had sex about 5-8 times. I thought i could WOO-HOO when i tested at 3 months until i learned about HIV-2.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
1. Donation information for the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.
2. You're welcome.
3. Compared to HIV-1, HIV-2 is associated with a slower rate of both CD4 cell decline and clinical progression. However, this has nothing to do with the production of anti-HIV antibodies to HIV-2 infection or the duration of the window period. Testing past three months due to concerns about HIV-2 is not warranted.
You should be WOO-HOOing, not worrying, OK?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get AIDS From Picking Your Nose?
- Can You Catch AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Achy Balls After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Fever After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.