Would it be too late to take meds?

I am 7 weeks pregnant and tested hiv negative on Jan. 3rd ( a couple weeks ago) My husband is hiv positive and I plan to take another hiv test on Feb 12th and I was wondering if my test is postive would it be too late as far as my baby being in danger to contract hiv to start the meds I would need for the baby to not have hiv? We did not use sperm washing. Also how ofen should I be tested now that I am pregnat?

No, it would not be too late for you to take medications to reduce the chances of mother-to-infant transmission if indeed you did test positive. As for how often you should be tested, I would defer to your obstetrician. Hopefully you are using one who is HIV-knowledgeable. I'd probably recommend monthly tests out to six months from the time of your last potential exposure while pregnant. Your Ob/Gyn doctor will have more complete information about your case and may have a different recommendation.

Good luck!

Follow Up to "Kind Of Oral"
what do you know about mechanics?