Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I believe that I am legally insane...seriously!
Jan 20, 2008

Dr. Bob,

Hello! I know that you are busy and are probably sick of me...but I love you and I love what you do. You are probably the most patient, understanding, funniest, and sweetest man I have ever met. Will you marry me?

It has been 7 weeks since my make out session and I completely calmed down until I developed this large canker sore on my lower gum and I was told that this is indicative of HIV? WHAT??? Since when did that happen? I haven't gotten a canker sore since I was a kid and now all of a sudden...bam! and look whos worried! ME! I sometimes wonder where these people get their info...they are wrong right? Thank you for your time...

insane in mi

p.s. I'm patient too...so whenever ur ready for that wedding! :) I love you Dr. BOB!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Legally Insane,

You were "told a large canker sore is indicative of HIV??? WHAT???" WHAT INDEED! Sweetie-Pie, the vast, vast, vast majority of canker sores, large or small, have absolutely nothing to do with HIV, OK? So relax! Stress can make canker sores worse and I'm never going to say "I do" to you with that big ol' crater on your lower gum!

Legally insane? No not yet but I would suggest you knock off the unwarranted worries before they really do net you and lock you in a padded cell.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Concerns with intimacy and dentists-not at the same time!
Next
Follow Up to "Kind Of Oral"

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.