Mosquitoes & HIV

Hi Doc,

Can HIV be transmitted through mosquitoes?? There seem to be plenty in my locality these days. Some of them are really big - in fact, when I squash them then my hands are stained with blood. Is there even a remote possibility that we can get HIV through mosquitoes.

Thx....humpy

Hello Humpy!

Oh no! Not the mosquito question again? Twenty-six years into the HIV/AIDS pandemic and you're still wondering about mosquito transmission???? This was the original QTND (question that never dies) from a quarter of a century ago! That you are still wondering about it today means one of the following:

1. You've been in a coma for the past 26 years and just recently woke up.

2. You are an extraterrestrial who just teleported from the former planet Pluto to Earth.

3. You've been home schooled.

4. Our HIV awareness and prevention programs suck (and not in a good way).

5. All of the above.

OK Mr. or Ms. Clueless, one last time: Yes, HIV can be transmitted via mosquitoes! However, in order for this to occur you'll need to find one who is HIV positive and large enough to have unsafe sex with, OK?

Re: IM GETTING SICK AND TIRED OF YOU
Symptoms of ARS or anxiety?