Mosquitoes & HIV
Jan 19, 2008
Can HIV be transmitted through mosquitoes?? There seem to be plenty in my locality these days. Some of them are really big - in fact, when I squash them then my hands are stained with blood. Is there even a remote possibility that we can get HIV through mosquitoes.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Oh no! Not the mosquito question again? Twenty-six years into the HIV/AIDS pandemic and you're still wondering about mosquito transmission???? This was the original QTND (question that never dies) from a quarter of a century ago! That you are still wondering about it today means one of the following:
1. You've been in a coma for the past 26 years and just recently woke up.
2. You are an extraterrestrial who just teleported from the former planet Pluto to Earth.
3. You've been home schooled.
4. Our HIV awareness and prevention programs suck (and not in a good way).
5. All of the above.
OK Mr. or Ms. Clueless, one last time: Yes, HIV can be transmitted via mosquitoes! However, in order for this to occur you'll need to find one who is HIV positive and large enough to have unsafe sex with, OK?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- If A Man Pulls Out Before He Comes Can I Still Get A Std?
- 16 Week Negative Rapid Hiv Test
- Antigen P24 2 Weeks After Exposure
- Can Rubbing Cocks Together Transmit HIV?
- Hiv Risk Vaginal Fluid On The Inside Of Condom
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.