hiv positive couple

My husband and i are both Hiv+, our CD4 count are both below 250, we recently developed skin infections, we are not on ante retrovirals, but we would like to find out if it is possible for us to have a child? We would like your honest opinion regarding this matter, if you dont think it is advisable for us to have children please let me know as I know that this is a costly procedure. We are both healthy, I did alot of research about HIV/AIDS, and based on the symptoms we should be stage 4- going to stage 5.I was recently diagnosed with anemia, I suffer from headaches and fattigue. We are not on a medical aid, and we are not on anti retrovirals. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

If you and your husband are both HIV positive with CD4 counts below 250 and have skin infections, anemia, headaches and fatigue, I would question your assessment that "(you) are both healthy"!!! Why are you not on HIV medications? What has been done to evaluate and treat your current problems skin infections, anemia, headaches, fatigue, etc.?

Electively attempting to conceive a child now would not be advisable. However, once both you and your husband have been appropriately treated, starting a family could be considered, depending on your response to treatment. The most important thing for both you and your husband to do now is work closely with an HIV specialist to evaluate your current problems and get you started on combination therapy. You may also need prophylaxis against common HIV-associated opportunistic infections, such as PCP (Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia); depending on how low your CD4 count has dropped. I urge you not to delay. Your current situation is far more tenuous and worrisome than you realize.

Is there such thing as too much exercise for us HIV+ people?
meds and scared