UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!

There are really some ignorant and stupid people isn't there Bob? for example the person that thinks you can get HIV from the toilet. We learn in High School that it's not possible. Well maybe I am one of them a little bit. I just had a few questions for you. I apologize if you have answered them in the past, but I really tried and came up with nothing. First I was wondering how accurate a rapid HIV test would be after 2 months from possible exposiure. I will find out this Friday if i am getting a Government job that will not allow me to be employed there if i am HIV pos. And I have had a possible exposiure on Nov 11. So you see my problem. I was just wondering if 2 months is fairly accurate at all. On top of going crazy with the thought of having HIV this person gave me another gift. Gonorrhea. It isn't fun. I was wondering how common it is for a person who has gonorrhea to have HIV. I have one last question for you. I know that symptoms of HIV are not reliable. With that said is there any syptom that may be more difinitave than others? i.e. Dry throat, swollon lymph nods, headache, etc. etc. Thank you again for all that you and this site has done for me these last 2 months. It has helped me learn a lot, and open my eyes. PEACE

ME

Hello ME,

I'm glad you learned in high school that HIV is not transmitted in public restrooms (unless, of course, you are having unsafe sex with a poz partner in the stalls), because apparently the high school spelling course apparently was far from top notch ("exposiure . . . syptom . . . difinitave . . . nods").

As for your questions:

1. HIV-antibody tests taken prior to three months are not considered to be definitive or conclusive. That said, I can also advise you the majority of HIV-infected folks will have detectable levels of anti-HIV antibodies in their blood within four-six weeks.

2. Although it is certainly possible to have more than one STD concurrently, there are no statistics as far as "how common it is for a person who has gonorrhea to also have HIV."

3. None of the symptoms associated with ARS (acute retroviral syndrome) are definitive. (If they were, they'd be "diagnostic of" rather than "possibly associated with." That said, I will advise that fever is the most common symptom, but it's certainly far from definitive!

PEACE back at 'cha.

Please help wondering CNA resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum
Hello Again sir from pakistan