Jan 16, 2008
There are really some ignorant and stupid people isn't there Bob? for example the person that thinks you can get HIV from the toilet. We learn in High School that it's not possible. Well maybe I am one of them a little bit. I just had a few questions for you. I apologize if you have answered them in the past, but I really tried and came up with nothing. First I was wondering how accurate a rapid HIV test would be after 2 months from possible exposiure. I will find out this Friday if i am getting a Government job that will not allow me to be employed there if i am HIV pos. And I have had a possible exposiure on Nov 11. So you see my problem. I was just wondering if 2 months is fairly accurate at all. On top of going crazy with the thought of having HIV this person gave me another gift. Gonorrhea. It isn't fun. I was wondering how common it is for a person who has gonorrhea to have HIV. I have one last question for you. I know that symptoms of HIV are not reliable. With that said is there any syptom that may be more difinitave than others? i.e. Dry throat, swollon lymph nods, headache, etc. etc. Thank you again for all that you and this site has done for me these last 2 months. It has helped me learn a lot, and open my eyes. PEACE
| Response from Dr. Frascino
I'm glad you learned in high school that HIV is not transmitted in public restrooms (unless, of course, you are having unsafe sex with a poz partner in the stalls), because apparently the high school spelling course apparently was far from top notch ("exposiure . . . syptom . . . difinitave . . . nods").
As for your questions:
1. HIV-antibody tests taken prior to three months are not considered to be definitive or conclusive. That said, I can also advise you the majority of HIV-infected folks will have detectable levels of anti-HIV antibodies in their blood within four-six weeks.
3. None of the symptoms associated with ARS (acute retroviral syndrome) are definitive. (If they were, they'd be "diagnostic of" rather than "possibly associated with." That said, I will advise that fever is the most common symptom, but it's certainly far from definitive!
PEACE back at 'cha.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Red Eyes After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Touching Urine Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Sick From Someone Who Has An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.