The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary


Jan 12, 2008

Dear Doctor Bob, I am an ardent fan of yours and have been following your website for over 2 years now...I have also been donating to your organisation for 2 years and will do so again this year

I have a quick question.....went to a massage place....the woman offered to have sex....which I turned during the massage I was naked....she was wearing some kind of mesh panty....she rubbed vagina herself against my leg ....and then in all the moving around her vaginal area brushed against my penis (with the panty on)for a split second....dont know if she was wet or no.....My question is did I have any risk from this exposure? Should I get tested or not?....I have always practiced safe sex but am not sure where I stand with this exposure...please doctor answer me....I am having a hard time focussing on anything....

ps- I think you are incredibly brave to help others selflessly in the face of such adversity.....(no this is not flattery to get you to answer my query:)

Response from Dr. Frascino


Your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent. The only reason to consider HIV testing would be to put your unwarranted fears permanently to rest. The test result would undoubtedly be negative. I see absolutely no cause for concern.

Thank you for your donations to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. In return I'm sending you my best good-luck/good-health karma.

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

cd4 count slow to increase

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint