DR. BOB, I'M PREGNANT-I THINK IT'S YOUR CHILD!

OK, you caught me in a lie - I'm a hetero-male, so I'm incapable of being "with child"! I just needed to get your attention!

I've tried about 10 times to contact you, and I'm starting to lose hope that you'll respond. I'm going out of my mind wondering and speculating on what could be wrong with me - PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR FEEDBACK ON MY SITUATION!!!

About 6 weeks ago, I had a massage in China where the masseuse used massage oil and gave me a "happy ending" by rubbing my penis and also briefly rubbed over my anus (no penetration). At the end of the massage, I noticed she had a small cut just below the finger nail on one of her fingers. She said she cleaned it with alcohol a couple of times during the day and that it was no longer bleeding and hadn't bled during my massage. I took a look at the cut and it appeared to be cleaned pretty well with no visible infection, scabbing or blood in or around the cut.

1. Do I have anything to be concered about with having HIV transmitted to me from her (I'm not sure about her HIV status) in this way?

2. I didn't have any cuts on my penis and don't think there were any cuts or abrasions on my anus, outside of what's normal from using the bathroom. But, even though she had no blood in her cut when I looked at it that night, I can't be 100% sure there wasn't any minor bleeding from it during the massage that would have contacted me in either of those two areas of my body. Would this be enough (volume and type of bleeding) for transmission?

3. Could HIV have been passed through the massage oil and entered my urethra? Seems unlikely, based on what I've read on your site, but just wanted to check.

4. I took an HIV test after 2 weeks and it came back negative. I have another test scheduled at the 3-month mark during my annual physical in March, but 2 months feels like such a looooong way off until that test--I need some peace of mind before that!

5. I think about this constantly, every day, and it has been dramatically affecting my sleep since that night. The fear, guilt and worrying is absolutely killing me!

6. I'm feeling increasingly worn down/tired mentally and physically (legs and eyes feeling heavy) along with the occassional small bump in body temp - could these be HIV symptoms or am I overthinking this, and these feelings of fatigue are due to the worry and stress caused by the situation?

I NEED YOU DR. BOB!!! Hopefully your thoughts will allow me some piece of mind and to concentrate on living a long, healthy (and HIV-) life! I WANT TO WOO-HOO, NOT BOO-HOO!!!

Thanks for all you do at The Body!

As with so many of the frequent questioners' anxiety-ridden pleas for help, the answers and reassurance you are so desperately requesting were already waiting for you in the archives. (Check it out!)

Briefly:

1. No.

2. No.

3. No.

4. This was not a question.

5. Also not a question. But if "fear, guilt and worrying is absolutely killing (you)," you should seek counseling to help with your anxiety during the window period.

6. "Overthinking."

I have no doubt your definitive three-month test will be negative.

As for having my lovechild, no way! You're way too stressed for my tastes!

Worried from unprotected sex
blood splash into eye