this is a strange one

know you are a very busy man .. but i think i am dying .. 3yrs ago had protected sex with a pro. soon after the ordeal i had went home looked up on the internet about hiv ..started to read about it and the more i read i got scard that i may have had it.. low and behold 7days later got every possible symptom .. sore throat .. low fever .. malaise .. want to sleep all the time .. this lasted a month .. but the thing is from that time to now .. i get sick evry month with malaise and soft diareah.pins and needles in hands and feet..sore throat.. no lying and like with this hiv thing the more i think about it i get more sick .. and like tablets dont help .. it just comes and goes .. please tell me something .. im scard shitless for 3yrs .. is it possible to have symptoms for 3yrs practically back to back every month .. please help ... your friend scard shitless

Hello Friend "Scard" Shitless,

"This is a strange one"????? Nope! In fact I get at least five questions like yours per day on average! I've also posted many similar testimonials in the archives. (Have a look!) The story is always the same: "protected sex" . . . "look up HIV on the internet" . . . "the more I read I got 'scard' that I may have it" . . . "got every possible symptom" . . . "the more I think about it I get more sick . . ." etc., etc., etc.

Here are the facts plain and simple:

1. Protected sex is indeed protected, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not break.

2. Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not infected.

3. Your problem is not HIV, but fear of HIV!

4. Your symptoms are psychosomatic and caused by your totally irrational and unwarranted HIV anxiety.

My advice would be:

1. Get a single rapid HIV test. You'll have an accurate answer about your HIV status within 20 minutes. The results will undoubtedly be negative.

2. If this does not completely put your HIV fears to rest, get counseling!

Good luck. Remember, HIV is not your problem. But you do indeed have a problem!

For all the people on the window period, Dr. Bob Please post
Critical Condition .I ve tried to donate , please answer me ,credit card error.