|this is a strange one
Jan 11, 2008
know you are a very busy man .. but i think i am dying .. 3yrs ago had protected sex with a pro. soon after the ordeal i had went home looked up on the internet about hiv ..started to read about it and the more i read i got scard that i may have had it.. low and behold 7days later got every possible symptom .. sore throat .. low fever .. malaise .. want to sleep all the time .. this lasted a month .. but the thing is from that time to now .. i get sick evry month with malaise and soft diareah.pins and needles in hands and feet..sore throat.. no lying and like with this hiv thing the more i think about it i get more sick .. and like tablets dont help .. it just comes and goes .. please tell me something .. im scard shitless for 3yrs .. is it possible to have symptoms for 3yrs practically back to back every month .. please help ... your friend scard shitless
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Hello Friend "Scard" Shitless,
"This is a strange one"????? Nope! In fact I get at least five questions like yours per day on average! I've also posted many similar testimonials in the archives. (Have a look!) The story is always the same: "protected sex" . . . "look up HIV on the internet" . . . "the more I read I got 'scard' that I may have it" . . . "got every possible symptom" . . . "the more I think about it I get more sick . . ." etc., etc., etc.
Here are the facts plain and simple:
1. Protected sex is indeed protected, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not break.
2. Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not infected.
3. Your problem is not HIV, but fear of HIV!
4. Your symptoms are psychosomatic and caused by your totally irrational and unwarranted HIV anxiety.
My advice would be:
1. Get a single rapid HIV test. You'll have an accurate answer about your HIV status within 20 minutes. The results will undoubtedly be negative.
2. If this does not completely put your HIV fears to rest, get counseling!
Good luck. Remember, HIV is not your problem. But you do indeed have a problem!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get AIDS From Touching Hemorrhoid?
- Chance Of Getting HIV From Receiving Oral Sex
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Condom
- HIV Risk Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Getting Tattoo?
- Making Out How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.