Would low WBC's, Neutorphils delay seroconversion or cloud test results?

Hi Dr. Bob,

You are an amazing man, really. Happy New Year to you. You have kept me going through a horrible time in my life. I wrote to you on December 9th, donated, and sincerely appreciate your answer about being free and clear of HIV 7 months post exposure. However, I have had constant low WBC counts during this entire time, my latest neutrophil percentage was 17.8 and I believe normal is 40-84%? The neutrophil count was 0.8 K/uL. I have continued joint pain, and vasculitis. Could the low WBC, or neutrophils delay seroconversion or cloud test results? I'm the one that has had now 4 DNA PCR and 7 antibody tests since exposure 7 months ago. All negative. Still free and clear? Whatcha say? thank you very much.

Four negative DNA PCRs and seven negative antibody tests out to seven months post-exposure are definitive, conclusive and extremely excessive! Low WBC or neutrophils would not affect anti-HIV antibody production, the duration of the window period or your HIV test results. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. However, that doesn't mean that you don't have an entirely different medical problem! Joint pain, vasculitis and low white counts can be associated with several distinct medical conditions. I'd recommend you see your general internist for an evaluation. One thing that's certain: whatever is causing your symptoms and low white blood cell counts, it's not HIV!

Concern about getting HIV through a needle during blood test
For all the people on the window period, Dr. Bob Please post