Behcet Syndrome For Wanglepeckers Wife

Hi Bob,

Hope you don't mind me sending you an update.

My wife has been given a preliminary diagnosis of Behcets Syndrome (Vaginal Ulcers, discharge, fever, Mouth Ulcer, Fatigue, Big Lump on Shin (Like a HorseFly bite) and stiff ankle). We had a consultation with an HIV consultant at the hospital, on Tuesday, who agreed that HIV was out of the question and that Behcet's is not an STI etc.

It seems so unfair, and bizarrely co-incidental, that this has happened to my wife after all she, and I, have been through. But then, why should it be fair ?

I love her Bob, and I always will. We have two beautiful sons (8 & 6). These three incredible people are what have made my life truely meaningful.

And so we begin a new journey. I am trying to turn my perspective around now so that I can fully support my wife in whatever lies ahead. (this is not that easy considering I'm obviously a bit tapped :-) )

I want to thank you for being there for me. It's time for me to grow up (only 37) and be strong for others for a change.

I offer you my friendship, respect and love.

Be Well, Stay Well...

WanglePecker (Paul)

I'm sorry to learn about your wife's Behcet's syndrome. However I'm glad your perseveration on HIV has hopefully come to an end. Your situation points out a lesson for many of the readers of this forum: Symptoms are unreliable in predicting HIV status. A negative test trumps symptoms each and every time. Far too often I find people repeatedly writing to me because they can't or won't accept their negative HIV status. By continuing to fixate on an illness they don't have, they often delay diagnosis and/or treatment of their real problem, whether that be physical or psychological.

Paul, I can tell from the tone of your note that you've recently done a considerable amount of growing up and I have no doubt you'll be a wonderful support for your wife and family.

I extend my best wishes for you and your family.

Symptoms as encouragement
Possible Transmission to Nurse in Labor and Delivery