hiv and a glass of wine

on occasion i'd have a glass or two of red wine,i was wondering, when i drink is it ok to skip the meds until the next day or i should just go ahead and take the meds? i take sustiva,epivir and viread. thanks. michigan lady.

Hi Michigan Lady,

Is it OK to skip your HIV meds "on occasion" when you have a glass or two of red wine???? No Michigan Lady, it is definitely not OK! First off, it is never OK to skip your HIV meds. Never ever ever! Second, there is absolutely no reason you can't enjoy the tasty fermented wonders of various smashed grapes products (wine) and still take your HIV meds. In fact I'm enjoying an excellent Merlot while responding to these questions and I'll be popping my fistful of pills very soon. I'm disappointed your HIV specialist didn't review this very basic information with you at the time you started your meds. Every time you skip or miss a dose of meds you increase the risk of developing resistance to your meds. You can review basic information about HIV treatment by clicking on the "HIV Medication" chapter under the Quick Links heading on The Body's homepage. Check it out. Knowledge is power! I'll drink to that!

to do a western blot?
Need Good Luck Karma and Question